Team members for this feeding program in the ministry intends to feed the most vulnerable in the society especially children and the aged who are at risk for nutritional deficiencies if not properly provided with the right kind and amount of food. Also part of the event is educating the highly susceptible age group (young and seniors) about choosing meals that are appropriate, the importance of balanced diet and drinking enough water as well as buying at a reliable source for reasonable costs. Part of this as well, means sharing great stories about the bible and God’s omnipotence and love.
Feeding programs that the ministry partake in include:
- Day Care Or Preschool Feeding Activities
- Homeless Hunger-Relief Program
- Summer Feeding Program (in schools and in communities with reduced circumstances)
- Residential Institution for the Orphans
- Participate in some feeding-related agencies such as the mobile food pantry and senior grocery programs
- Supports the Feeding America initiative by supporting SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) to provide nutritional food selection to underserved families in a localized area.
If you find yourself an advocate of solving the problem of hunger in your community, be a part of our team by giving us a call at 352-433-2217.